Friday, August 18, 2006

DRM Major review


Shocking!! That’s the best word to describe the DRM Major at Pantai last week.
As you all know by now, The Joker Ali surprised all the DRM pro’s by winning the major and with convincing fashion. The likes of RD, LOTP and the Wizard were speechless. The face shown on “Freak Magician” shows just how surprised everyone was when the champion was announced.

Golfnut was lucky enough to get in touch with the Freak himself for his take on the major:
GN: How confident of you in winning at Pantai?
FM: No confidence at all, I expect the likes of RD, El Nino or LOTP to win. But the win from the Joker was a big surprise for me. He must have been playing very well.
GN: At least you manage to win the DRM Monthly medal and put your name for the second time on the trophy.
FM: That is true and also by beating RD … that’s the icing on the cake. But I would like to get my hands on the Major cup. Maybe the next one.
GN:So how was your caddie?
FM: He was the best! .. He contributed a lot to my success.
GN: Do you consider yourself lucky? Especially after your ball bounce out from OB on Hole 18?
FM: Very lucky! As we all know .. Luck plays apart in golf too .. Hehe
GN:What’s with the weird shocking smile in the end?
FM: As you said .. It was a weird shocking smile … that even I was shocked to see my weird smile.
GN: Ok, thanks for the interview dude.
FM: Anytime Golfnut.

Another shocker during the majors was the performance of “Serial Slicer” Renny, with one of his best gross results in the DRM Tour.
GN:Were you surprise with your 44 strokes on the back nine?
SS: No comment
GN: You bitch!
SS: OK lah … well .. I wasn’t expecting to score so well, I’d been playing shit all week. So yeah! I was surprised, must have been the two panadols I’d taken in the morning.
GN: What was the major reason for hitting 60 front nine?
SS: hahha I threw it away after I got psycho-ed by the Joker Ali. He told me I scored a 44 at the half way break and I guess I let it get to my head. I was also tired out badly lah, should’ve gotten a caddy in hindsight. At least I wouldn't have to spend so much time looking for those damn lost balls.
GN: Do you think The Joker was lucky to win the major?
SS: He played good golf .. His 3 wood and driver worked for him on the day and sure luck had a bit to do with his win too … you always need a bit of luck to win.
GN: How do you feel when you beat your rival “Smiley face”?
SS: hahah it’s a good feeling to pull away from smiley for once but I know he’ll be hard at work on the range trying to catch up.
GN:You personal view .. Who should have won the major?
SS: Think I should have won it .. I let it slip away .. I was already dreaming about the cup at the halfway house .. I’m gonna be better prepared mentally next time.
GN: Is your mind your worst enemy?
SS: It is, golf is a game of mind of matter, it’s a funny old game come to think of it. Its all about thinking of your next move. I’m a trigger happy golfer unfortunately that’s the worst.
GN: Ok .. Thanks for the interview, that will do for now. Better luck next time.
SS: Sure think dude … to all nutters out there .. You better watch out … my best game is still to come.

No comments: