Smiley's Frustration

With the 1st monthly medal of 2007 DRMgolf tour looming; all DRMgolfers will be itching to prove themselves once again in winning the competition and get their names engrave on the prestige cup. BUT not for one particular golfer …. Smiley Khai. Smiley will be away for the next 8 weeks with other obligations besides golf. This means he will be missing out the January Monthly medal and this year’s first major at Empire.
Golfnut has an opportunity in interviewing Smiley at his Johor hotel room.
GN: What’s your expectation for 2007?
SK: “I think 2007 would be another great year for DRMgolfers. For me personally, i’m keeping my hopes high. I will be hoping to give the top seeded guys like the Freak, Twister, LOTP, GT Maniac and the Recruit a run for their money. I know it won’t be easy but with hard work and determination, anything is possible”.
GN: You don’t seem to be like yourself today. Is something wrong?
SK: “I’m not so sure … I’m just feeling a bit down lately”.
GN: Care to elaborate and share to our readers?
SK: “Well …. I’m disappointed of not able to compete in the next two DRM tournaments. It’s not just missing the chance to compete but also for just actually playing golf. I love golf. I love playing in the DRM tour. Golf is my passion; it’s more than just a sport. There’s nothing like golf; where you can hang out with bunch of nutters and crazy dudes for 4 hours. The game is so close to my heart, I feel free when I play. I miss smelling the cut fairway grasses, the warm breeze, the bouncy buggy ride, the boil egg at the half way house and even missing the hot morning sun. So when I can’t play, it feels all the fun has been taken away from me. This is frustrating for me”.
GN: Not a good start for 2007 then. Anyway, what’s your take on your performance last year?
SK: “I had mixed feelings, a bit disappointed in not reaching the BOTB. I can’t seem to hit my best form during tournament days. I’ll be playing really well one day then really bad the next. I can’t seem to get the consistency that I hope for. But overall, I think I did alright”.
Some of Smiley’s golf buddies felt Smiley’s frustration. “Smiley’s been playing well for the last couple of days. If he keeps this up, he has a good chance in winning at least one trophy this season. But unfortunately, with his obligation in Johor, it will be hard for him to keep his good form. Things like this always happen to him, especially when he’s on fire. Example, last year he was on hot form but then he had to go away for a few weeks and that has cause him the November monthly medal and poor performance in BOTB Qualifications. I feel sorry for the dude. He has potential of being a good golfer; he’s physically built for it; tall and powerful. He has that funny looking big smile on his face every time he gets a par or a birdie. We will definitely going to miss that for the next couple of months.” [The Freak].
“With the form he’s in and with his 2007 DRM handicap, I’m sure Smiley will be one of the players to watch out this year. But I just hope he can recover from his long break and get his form back” [The Twister].
So will we see the smile back on Smiley’s face this year or not? We all wish Smiley all the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment